MagCitrate provides 300 mg of magnesium in each 1-teaspoon serving, as a convenient delivery system in a great-tasting, lemon-flavored powder. It mixes well in water and is very easy to titrate when higher doses are needed. MagCitrate Powder helps promote bowel relaxation when fiber alone is not enough. This product also supports the ability to fall asleep, and it can be taken along with our Inositol Powder for a restful night’s sleep.*
Recommended Use: Take 4 grams (approximately one scoop) per day or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
MagCitrate Powder provides 300 mg of magnesium (as magnesium citrate) in each one teaspoon serving. Magnesium is a critical mineral for a host of biochemical processes throughout the body. It is found predominantly in leafy green vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds. However, the fiber and phytate content of grains, nuts and seeds makes it difficult for the body to absorb magnesium unless these foods are meticulously prepared in traditional ways that neutralize the phytate. Moreover, magnesium helps to balance calcium; therefore, due to widespread calcium fortification and recommendations for high-dose calcium supplementation, many individuals develop relative and absolute magnesium deficiencies. To help restore and maintain a healthy balance, these individuals may require more magnesium than they would typically get from whole food sources alone.
MagCitrate Key Benefits
• Regularity – One cause of occasional constipation may be excessive absorption of water in the large intestine, leading to stools that are dry and difficult to pass. When adequate hydration and a healthy intake of fiber do not provide relief, magnesium citrate may help promote regularity and bowel relaxation by drawing water into the intestine and softening the stool.*
• Energy Levels – Magnesium is an essential cofactor for enzymes involved in energy generation at the cellular level, making it indispensable for maintaining energy levels and metabolic efficiency. In particular, magnesium is required in the processes that harness energy from carbohydrates. Individuals with compromised health resulting from carbohydrate intolerance may benefit from supplemental magnesium.*
• Cardiovascular & Kidney Health – As a natural counterpart to balance calcium, healthy magnesium levels in the body may help reduce the risk for calcium to build up and solidify in soft tissues (e.g., kidney stones, calcification of blood vessels).* The presence of citrate is synergistic with magnesium, as low citrate acid in the urine may contribute to the improper deposition of calcium.
• Restful Sleep – Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant and may also help to calm the nervous system. As a result, healthy magnesium levels help promote relaxation and restful sleep.*
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take 4 grams (approx. 1 teaspoon) per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Highlights of MagCitrate Powder:
• Convenience – mixes well in water or juice
• No pills to swallow
• Great tasting lemon flavor
• No fructose, sucrose, or artificial sweeteners
• Sweetened with organic stevia leaf extract
FDA Disclaimer†*:None of these statements have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.
Notes: You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary, or exercise program, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.