Benefits & Features
- Helps moderate occasional stress‡
- May support cardiovascular, immune, cognitive and joint function‡
- Supports healthy glucose and lipid metabolism‡
- Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used extensively for over 4,000 years
- Tested for solvents, pesticides, heavy metals and microbial contaminants, as are all Pure Encapsulations herbal extracts
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Occasional stress‡
- Overall physical and mental well-being‡
As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 capsules daily, with or between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Ashwagandha is one of the most revered and widely used Ayurvedic herbs. Withanolides are key constituents of this herb and play an important role in its physical and mental health benefits.1,2 In animal studies, ashwagandha has been shown to support the activity of lymphocytes and macrophages, moderate occasional stress, enhance memory and cognitive function, provide neuroprotection by scavenging free radicals and support thyroid function.3,4,5 A small human clinical trial demonstrated the ability of ashwagandha to support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism.6‡
- Wankhede S, et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Nov 25;12:43.
- Auddy B, et al. JANA. 2008 11(1): 50-6.
- Mikolai J, et al. J Altern Complement Med. 2009 Apr;15(4):423-30.
- Chandrasekhar K, et al. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul-Sep; 34(3): 255–262.
- Bhattacharya SK, et al. Phytomedicine. 2000 Dec;7(6):463-9.
- Andallu B, et al. Indian J Exp Biol. 2000 Jun;38(6):607-9.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Ashwagandha extract is derived from Withania somnifera root and standardized to contain 2.5% withanolides
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
1 capsule contains:
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root) 500mg (standardized to contain 2.5% withanolides)
Other Ingredients: hypo-allergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water).
Contains NO: artificial additives, allergens, environmental contaminants or added excipients.
FDA Disclaimer*: None of these statements have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.
Notes: You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary, or exercise program, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.